Representational Image | Freepik

75% Indian manufactured vaccines to Centre, 25% to pvt healthcare: Govt

New Delhi | The Central government will procure 75 per cent vaccines produced in India directly from the manufacturers, who will be allowed to sell the remaining 25 per cent to the private healthcare sector, officials said on Tuesday. Addressing the press conference on vaccination and Covid pandemic situation in the country, NITI Aayog’s Member (Health) Dr […]

Image For Representation | Freepik

44 crore more vaccine doses ordered by Health Ministry

New Delhi | After the Prime Minister announced free vaccination, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has issued a fresh order for 25 crore doses of Covishield and 19 crore doses of Covaxin. These 44 crore (25+19 cr) doses of COVID-19 vaccines will be available till December 2021, starting now. “Additionally, 30% of the advance for […]

Image For Representation | Freepik

Biden announces India to receive Covid vaccines from US stockpile

New York | As US President Joe Biden announced on Thursday that India will receive Covid-19 vaccines directly from its stockpile, Vice President Kamala Harris spoke to Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the distribution, according to the White House. Biden, who has faced international and domestic pressure to share the surplus vaccines, said he was releasing […]

The Supreme Court of India (File Photo/IANS)

𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐲: 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞; 𝐒𝐂 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐬

New Delhi | The Supreme Court on Wednesday hit back at the Centre’s “do not interfere in vaccine policy decision” stand, saying that it has the power for judicial review. The top court closely scrutinised the Centre’s ‘Liberalised Vaccination Policy’, and cited gaps besides passing a slew of directions, asking the government to file an affidavit, […]